Everyone likes clean carpet, which is why you schedule regular cleaning with King’s Cleaning Solutions on a regular basis. Between your routine flooring cleaning, you are sure to vacuum regularly.
Much like your car and oil changes, your vacuum cleaner will benefit from regular maintenance and cleaning. For proper maintenance, you will need to understand the fundamentals of how a vacuum cleaner will work.
All vacuum cleaners come down to one of two types. Canister and bag. While technology has changed much of the vacuum cleaner, each one still functions in the same basic way. Here are the fundamentals of a vacuum cleaner function.
- An electric motor turns a fan blade, creating suction;
- A belt attached to the motor turns the bristles at the bottom of the unit;
- The bristles agitate the carpet and stir up soil;
- The suction pulls the soil into the canister or bag.
This is the basics of vacuum cleaning, but there are still plenty of broken vacuum cleaners. Most broken vacuum cleaners are because of little to no maintenance. In fact, failure to maintain your vacuum cleaner will result in dirt and soil going back into the carpet! These are the elements that you will need to check on when performing your routine maintenance.
- Odors – Funky and smelly odors mean the filter is clogged. Air is incapable of passing through. This means soil is going into the air via the exhaust port.
- Tornado – Canister vacuums will have a cyclone inside the canister from the action of the suction. If you do not see the cyclone, the machine is not working correctly and is not removing dirt correctly.
- Motor – The vacuum cleaner motor must breathe to function correctly. If you do not routinely maintain the motor, your vacuum cleaner will fail and need replacing. To maintain your motor:
- Unplug the unit and remove the canister or bag;
- Replace the bag or empty canister;
- Remove the air filter and check, replace if necessary;
- Look at the belt for fraying and breakage, replace as well.
We at King’s Cleaning Solutions want you to contact us for carpet cleaning and maintenance. We have the team, equipment and customer service that will encourage you to team with us to keep your carpets clean and lasting for a long time.