No one enjoys wasting money, and your HVAC system may be one of the main waste sources in your household. There are several different factors which may increase your costs, and a few of those might be very subtle in their impact on your usage. Though a couple of dollars here and there may add up over a period of time, and a comprehensive approach to optimizing the system will help in bringing expenses back under control. Air duct cleaning includes one of many aspects to consider in reducing your energy costs in Kokomo, IN.
Air Duct Sealing and Cleaning
The ducts may contribute to inefficiency in the HVAC system for a few reasons. Your air ducts will account for around 20% of your energy use when you operate your heating & cooling systems. Leaks, poor insulation, disconnected segments, as well as excessive dirt or other blockages will cause issues with airflow, which leads to higher bills and more energy use. Air duct cleaning offers a start at optimizing your air duct function while offering the chance for other problems to be assessed.
Optimizing the Whole System
If you’re concerned with saving funds on your energy bills, we suggest seasonal maintenance for receiving the best results. Air duct inspection is done on this trip to figure out if there are problems that must be addressed through sealing and cleaning. These extra services are not always warranted; therefore, it is useful to have an assessment of conditions before you schedule duct service. Many extra steps taking during optimization drastically can improve your system’s performance. Some of those steps involve:
- Thermostat inspection – a malfunctioning or old thermostat may cause poor function from the unit
- Adjustments to and inspection of moving parts and fittings – optimum service will be impeded by worn or broken parts
- Coil cleaning and inspection – dirty coils stress compressors, limit airflow, and will increase HVAC energy usage by as much as 20%
- Diagnosing refrigerant leaks – recharge will not offer continuous optimized performance if a leak is not repaired
- Recharging and checking of refrigerant levels – undercharge of 10% will elevate your HVAC energy usage by 20%
When King’s Cleaning Solution gets the system optimized, we’ll head off several possible repair problems. Call us today at (765) 698-5096.