Your examination room is ground zero for battling the spread of communicable diseases and infections within healthcare environments. Every patient entering the exam room within your center has the possibility of leaving behind bacteria which might prove harmful to your employees and other vulnerable patients.
It Is vital that you set up precise and clear examination room cleaning processes, so you can keep both staff and patients healthy and happy. Learn more on the protocols your clinical office may adapt to make sure your examination rooms remain as germ-free as they can and develop your own examination room cleaning list with tips from the pros at King’s Cleaning Solutions.
Create Examination Room Cleaning List
Set up certain examination room cleaning procedures, which include checklists for your whole team to follow after patients leave each kind of exam room. Understand the difference between disinfecting, sanitizing, and cleaning, and set up certain terminal cleaning protocols where necessary.
These items ought to be included on each examination room cleaning list:
- Immediately wash hands after seeing a patient.
- Put gloves into infectious waste containers.
- Gloves ought to go into the regular trash can unless it’s contaminated with infectious waste.
- Properly dispose of biohazards.
- Disinfect and clean every surface that touches biohazard wastes.
- Every surface the previous patient came into contact with ought to be disinfected before the next patient. An end of the day cleaning should include a complete disinfection and cleaning of every horizontal surface – not limited to bio hazardous wastes that typically aren’t observed in examination rooms; more common within procedure rooms.
- Disinfect every high-touch area like light switches, chairs, and doorknobs.
- Immediately clean any spills up with a hospital grade, EPA registered disinfectant
- Appropriately launder contaminated objects.
- Empty al full garbage cans.
- Empty all hazardous waste containers as they’re 2/3 full.
Keeping Examination Rooms Clean
Train the whole team on basic healthcare cleaning procedures and how you can implement each examination room’s cleaning list, so you can ensure the highest cleaning standards for each examination room.
For details on how King’s Cleaning Solutions can help with your commercial cleaning contact us today at (765) 698-5096.